Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-38

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sweet P is here!!!

It's hard to believe that my little girl will be one month old this week.  She arrived June 5th weighing 8.8 pounds.  Crazy!  She came quickly.  We were only at the hospital for a few hours before she was born.  I love her so much.  I can just sit and stare at her for long periods of time.  She has been a good sleeper from the beginning.  For the first two weeks I had to actually wake her up at night to feed her.  After she gained back to her birth weight, I was given the clear to let her sleep as long as she wanted.  She usually gets up once at night to eat.  Sometimes it is 2 am and sometimes it is 5:15 am.  I never know which one it will be.  She eats and then goes back to sleep.  It makes a big difference in how you feel when you get sleep.

I am enjoying her so much!  Loosing Savannah made me really appreciate those around me.  I want to make the most out of everyday because I am not promised the next breath.   Even when she wakes me up in the middle of the night and as hard as it is to emerge from the warm covers, I am so thankful that she is here and that she is healthy and can eat.  Our day usually consists of her eating, sleeping, diaper changes, repeat.  haha!  I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.  She started smiling yesterday which is one of the coolest things.  Her personality is really starting to show.

Here are a few pictures from our first month:





1 comment:

  1. Ashley, she is soooo precious! Tell Miss Penelope that I'm proud that she's such a good sleeper. I can't wait to meet her! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete