Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-38

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's been a while since I have written a blog post. Life with a one year old gets super busy!  I'm so thankful for it! P brings me so much joy during the day! She keeps me laughing! I feel like she is beginning to really understand what I am saying when I talk to her. Some of her favorite words/phrases are:
What's that?
Puppy
A shoe (While holding a shoe)
Woof woof, oink oink (and other animal noises)
Whoa
More please (pees)

 She talks all the time. Some of it are words and some are what she thinks are words. I can tell she is trying to communicate through words because she will point to things while talking in her own language. She is such a blessing!

July started year three of the grieving process. I feel in some ways that this has been one of the harder years. I would have thought by this point we would be good to go but I don't want that. I want to miss my Savannah and think about her every day (in a healthy way of course). I wish Penelope had her big sister here to play with. They would have had such good times together.

As the weather changes from warm to cold every year, I feel sad when I think about Savannah's little 19 pound body being buried in the ground without someone to keep it warm. I thought I was alone in this thinking, and some of you may think I'm crazy, but as I read a blog post from Nancy Guthrie as she spoke about having similar feelings for her sweet daughter that she had to bury at 6 months old, I was glad to know I'm not alone. My motherly instinct wants to make sure she is warm and well cared for but I remember that she is not in the grave but present with The Lord! She is not cold bc it's cold outside but is complete and joyful in the presence of The Lord. At church on Sunday, we sang the song "On Jordan's Stormy Banks". This verse stood out to me as I was struggling with these thoughts:

No chilling winds nor poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore
Sickness and sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.

Please keep praying for us and those around you who are grieving that we will keep trusting in The Lord and that God will continue to give us grace and peace!

Little man is due in 2 months. It has gone by quickly and we still have so much to do like pick a name! Hopefully we will decide on one soon!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys as always!! Give P a kiss from her Aunt Janci!! Can't believe the little fella will be here in 2 months!! Time is flying!!

    ReplyDelete