Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-38

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hiccups and Hidden Doggie Bones

Tomorrow marks the start of my third trimester.  I can't believe it is already here.  I feel like I just posted that my 2nd trimester was starting.  So, here we are...the final stretch of the pregnancy.  I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a healthy pregnancy so far.  I have minor things that need extra attention but can be fixed with Prilosec or vitamin supplements.  Penelope is moving all over the place.  I can see her little feet (or whatever body part it is) sticking out sometimes.  It feels kinda weird but I love it.  I think she will be small like Savannah.  My stomach is measuring a little small (only by an inch) but bigger than it did with Savvy G, so Penelope might be a little bit bigger.  Starting last week, I could feel Penelope's hiccups.  They are so sweet and she usually gets them atleast once a day, if not more.  I am getting more and more excited about meeting her.  I long to hold her in my arms and play with her, make her laugh, feed her, etc. 

I have been going through and organizing Savannah's old things the last few weeks.  It actually hasn't been too hard.  I think all because I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Savannah is no longer here with us.  Plus, when I have a task ahead of me to focus on, it keeps me busy and doesn't allow me to focus on the fact that Savannah is gone.  I brought down all of Savannah's clothes so I could go through them and organize them for Penelope.  Wow!  I didn't realize how many clothes she had.  Once you lay them out, it is crazy.  For the most part, all of those clothes were given to us.  We have been so blessed by others.  I organized most of the clothes but still have some more to go through.  (One day the bedroom will recover from my decluttering and organizing.)  You forget how small they are when they are first born.  Savannah wore preemie clothes (even though she was born on her due date) for the first few weeks.  I pulled those out and couldn't believe how small they are.  I pulled out some of my favorite clothes of Savannah's (and ones we remember her wearing most) and gave them to a friend who is going to make a quilt out of her clothes for us.  I can't wait to see it!  I felt kinda bad for my friend who is making it because there wasn't one particular color or theme.  I brought over clothes that are red, blue, green, brown, have Elmo, Clemon Tiger logo, and many other random things...but my friend is very talented and I know she will do a fabulous job!  I am so thankful she is doing this for me.  (I wouldn't even know where to begin.)

One final (random) thing before I go.  In the mornings, I take Aspen (our puppy) out to the bathroom and I give her a doggie treat.  Sometimes she isn't in the mood to eat her doggie treat right away so she looks for a place to hide it (usually under the curtain or behind the tv table).  On Wednesday, I was doing my usually chore of stuffing the couch cushions back into the couch and this is what I found.

She hid her doggie bone in the corner of the couch.  She really didn't hide it well but that is ok.  I have tried to get a video of her hiding her bone but haven't been able to yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment