Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-38

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day by Day

As you know, Eric and I (plus our family and friends) have experienced the hardest thing we have every experienced.  We are so thankful for our family, friends, church, neighborhood, neighbors, (most people fit into more than one of those categories) but mostly for God's grace that has been poured out on us.  We have received so much love during this time.  We had people clean our house, provide (and still providing) meals, encouragement, prayer, the funeral cost were completely covered, cards, financial support, flowers, yard work completed, and so, so much more.  I can't even list everything that has been done for us.  We feel so loved.  I am sure that there were tons going on to help that we didn't even know about.  Our church family has been so amazing and helpful.  They have loved and provided for Eric and me, plus my family, so much.  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful church.  If you don't have a church family, and you live near Raleigh, I would definitely encourage you to come to Treasuring Christ Church.  It is in downtown Raleigh.  Message me and I can give you more details.

During a time like this, some would be tempted to question God and be angry with God.  It is only by God's grace that I have had a peace through this whole situation.  I know that this is a part of God's plan and that he works all things for our good.  (Read Romans 8)  Savannah is in the arms of Jesus seeing great and wonderful things that we cannot even imagine.  I do long for Heaven, for Earth is not my home, but I want to glorify God in everything I do and tell others about the peace and love that only God can give.

Please continue to pray for us.  Pray that we will continue to trust God in his plan for our lives.  Pray that we will continue to have peace.  Pray that the gospel will continue to go out.



No comments:

Post a Comment