Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-38

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Weekend With the Girls!!!

This past weekend my college girls came up to hang out for the weekend.  We try to get together atleast 2 times a year.  It was so much fun.  We cooked, ate, talked, and enjoyed each other!!!  We packed 8 girls plus 2 babies in my house.  It was a full house but I loved it!  My house kinda feels empty today now that everyone has gone home.  Here are a few pictures:





Part of the weekend was a baby shower for Penelope Sinclair and Selah Sharpe.  Jamie is due March 28th and I am due June 1st.  The shower was such a blessing.  Getting baby stuff made me really miss Savannah.  I bet she would have loved to help me pull the tissue paper out of the presents or ripped open the wrapping paper.  Penelope has lots of new things to make her smell good, to dry her off with, to play with, eat, etc.  She is spoiled already!  Here are a few pictures:



It was so great to see all my girls.  I wish we all lived closer but I am so thankful for the times we are able to get together.  We have all known each other for almost 10 years now.  That is so crazy.  It is so great to see how the Lord has directed our steps since we all met 10 years ago. 

I did face the big, scary, mean crib monster.  It was crazy being in Savannah's room.  I have not been in there for a long time.  (I think since August.)  It made me really sad to be in there but I wasn't scared (which really surprised me).  It wasn't bad memories from July 24th that was in my head but good memories of times we had together.  Her little shoes that were sitting in front her her rocking chair brought tears to my eyes but that is ok.  I am ok with that.  It was good to be in there and get used to seeing that stuff again because I want to use it with Penelope.    It was good to see my friends in her room talking and laughing.  My roommate from college had her daughter sleep in Savannah's crib which was helpful for me.  I found Savannah's favorite toy in her room.  It is a gray rabbit.  She used to carry it around and occasionally she would kiss it.  It actually still has sweet potato stains on it from where she would kiss it in between bites of sweet potatoes.  I'm pretty sure she called it a duck.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it.  I thought about using it next time we have family pictures as something to represent Savvy.  Maybe have Penelope walk around holding it for the pictures.  I'm not sure. 

Thanks so much for your prayers over the last (almost) 7 months.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you had some good time with the girls. I love you all! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley!! I'm so glad you had a good time w/ your girls, it's so nice to get together w/ friends who you don't get to see on a daily or weekly basis :) Makes the time together more sacred!
    I'm praising His goodness and sufficient grace for meeting this need of yours with regards to the crib monster...Don't forget that you don't have to tackle everything at once, just take it step by step like Charlotte suggested. Take comfort that His timing is always perfect! It's so awesome to see His faithfulness at work in your life :) I'm hoping we can get some more girl time in soon. In the meantime, I'll be praying for ya!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete